Re: [asa] Tough question for TEs

From: David Campbell <pleuronaia@gmail.com>
Date: Mon Aug 20 2007 - 18:48:16 EDT

Some sort of resurrection event is needed as a vindication of the
success of Jesus' work-contrary to some popular modern views, a good
teacher betrayed by the system is not an adequate basis for
Christianity.

To some extent it also functions as a foreshadowing of the future
resurrection of humans generally. Death as we know it certainly
reflects sin, even though animal death clearly existed before. An
eternal existence in a physical state like our own seems unlikely.
Entropy, etc. eventually causes problems. Thus, some sort of
transition from ordinary earthly existence to eternal seems likely to
have been part of the original plan, cf. not all sleeping but all
being changed (1 Cor 15).

--
Dr. David Campbell
425 Scientific Collections