RE: [asa] FYI: Arrogance, dogma and why science - not faith - is the new enemy of

From: Alexanian, Moorad <alexanian@uncw.edu>
Date: Mon Aug 20 2007 - 16:16:38 EDT

The very same points you make against ID can be similarly be made against evolutionary theory. Just as design is an "observation of fact", some may say that evolutionary theory is also an observation of fact. However, neither observation of fact can be incorporated into a theory in order to make predications. In fact, the observation of design is more palpable and real than the "observation" of common descent. The former is an obvious observation of fact whereas the latter is a very tenuous inference from presently existing facts.

Moorad