RE: [asa] FYI: Arrogance, dogma and why science - not faith - is the new enemy of

From: Alexanian, Moorad <alexanian@uncw.edu>
Date: Mon Aug 20 2007 - 09:53:27 EDT

You are constantly harping on ID proponents for not doing good science. I ask you what good science is being doing by proponents of evolutionary theory. By that, I am not accepting as an answer, say, a biologist who is doing solid biology and is a proponent of evolutionary theory.

Dog breeders knew enough about hereditary laws to use or provide their knowledge to do good science. One does not need to go back to questions of origin to do good science. The overwhelming majority of physicists do excellent physics without invoking whatsoever the Big Bang. Similarly for scientist in the life sciences who do excellent science without invoking the origin neither of life nor man. Witness monk Mandel and his seminal work clearly not based on evolutionary theory.

Evolutionary theory deals with developing a history of events using pure science precisely as done by forensic scientists, who also use science but do not overwhelming do good science.

Moorad