Re: [asa] Theological Perspectives Without a Literal Adam

From: David Opderbeck <dopderbeck@gmail.com>
Date: Mon Aug 20 2007 - 08:34:34 EDT

Janice, thanks for highlighting Henri Blocher's account of original sin. It
is from his book "Original Sin: Illuminating the Riddle," which seems to be
a creative and helpful gloss on the federal headship notion. (Essentially,
Blocher's notion is that the punishment for Adam's sin -- separation from
God ("death") -- is imputed to each of us for our own sin).