Re: [asa] Theological Perspectives Without a Literal Adam

From: D. F. Siemens, Jr. <dfsiemensjr@juno.com>
Date: Sun Aug 19 2007 - 18:48:01 EDT

I think there is a tendency to confusion in the first paragraph between
sin, nature or tendency, and sin, action. The classic statement has Adam
/posse non pecare/ (able not to sin) and /posse pecare/ (able to sin)
before the fall. But, after the fall, and for all his descendants, it's
/non posse non pecare/ (unable not to sin) because of the sinful nature.
From this follows the acts. Adam's acts are not our acts. The murder of
Abel was not Adam's sinful act, but Cain's.
Dave