RE: [asa] Many Worlds Interpretation and ID

From: Alexanian, Moorad <alexanian@uncw.edu>
Date: Sun Aug 19 2007 - 11:33:16 EDT

It is not true that "in CI the measuring equipment, photographic film, etc., all remain in a superposition of states until a conscious being looks at it." The quantum system is placed in an entangled state with a macroscopic, metastable device and through the interaction between the two, the quantum system eventually changes and that change is reflected in the new state of the macroscopic system. This recording constitutes the data. There is no need of any conscious being to carry on the measurement of the quantum system.

Moorad