Re: [asa] FYI: Arrogance, dogma and why science - not faith -is the new enemy of

From: Michael Roberts <michael.andrea.r@ukonline.co.uk>
Date: Sun Aug 19 2007 - 08:24:51 EDT

James , this is no answer.

Marcus Ross has a Ph. D. I has produced an article on the so-called Cambrian
Explosion with Meyer,,which evades the whole question of geological time. As
such he ignores the fact that the "explosion" took 10 my. It is daft to
discuss it until one has worked out the order of events and the timescale.
It is rather like trying to show that Wrights' plane and the latest Boeing
were made in the same year. At best this work is shoddy science and at worst
is deceitful as the reader is not given the vast timescale involved. A
geologist ignoring half or 90% of geology because it does not fit into his
YEC paradigm ( though parasite is a better term as it has no existence of it
own and lives off proper geological paradigms). Ross now teaches in a place
where he has no Liberty to be a geologist. I have looked at the abstracts of
the first Conference on Creation Geology to which Ross contributed. The
content of his paper is hardly worthwhile.

Art Chadwick exploded the fossil Precambrian pollen in the GC but what else
has he done? Only little studies when he can ignore the 90% of geology which
has demonstrated an old earth.

Yes, Behe has produced a respectable clutch of papers, show him to be a
competent biochemist, but were it not for his books and IC he would be no
better known as a biochemist than my own father.

Dembski's maths may be decent but what has he to show for it?

I will take your word for Dewitt.

All you have done is to mention Behe and his scientific contribution is no
better than myriads of university scientists whom few have heard of.

I am afraid you have not made your point at all.

I rest my case

Michael