Re: [asa] FYI: Arrogance, dogma and why science - not faith - is the new enemy of

From: Dave Wallace <wdwllace@sympatico.ca>
Date: Sat Aug 18 2007 - 16:45:58 EDT

James Mahaffy wrote:
> [snip]
>
> I am still waiting for some worthwhile science to emanate form ID or YEC
> circles. I might wait a long time.
>

> Or you might quit painting EVERYONE with the same brush. Marcus Ross's work is good,
>
> Art Chadwick is good. Mike Behe would not have the status he does unless his science had been
> good. As far as I know Bill D.'s math work is decent. David Dewitt's publications in neuroscience seem to be standard science articles. These are just a few that come to mind. I will agree that there is a LOT of poor science in these circles but PLEASE lets not paint it ALL the same way.
>
> James

I had intended to write that I expect there is a huge amount of good
science and engineering performed by Christians who hold YEC or ID
positions. It seems to me that most of Michaels concerns relate to
science more or less directly bearing upon origins (eg the Rate effort)
and such like areas in controversy.

Previously I had asked how someone like Marcus dealt with the
implications of his work and an old earth vrs his YEC position?
Appearance of Age?
Just lives with the intellectual dissonance?
Any comments James?