Re: [asa] spammers

From: Charles Carrigan <ccarriga@olivet.edu>
Date: Tue Aug 14 2007 - 11:53:09 EDT

Yes, but we know from the history of the ASA list that this doesn't happen.

Best,
Charles

_______________________________
Charles W. Carrigan, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Geology
Olivet Nazarene Univ., Dept. of Physical Sciences
One University Ave.
Bourbonnais, IL 60914
PH: (815) 939-5346
FX: (815) 939-5071
ccarriga@olivet.edu
http://geology.olivet.edu/

"To a naturalist nothing is indifferent;
the humble moss that creeps upon the stone
is equally interesting as the lofty pine which so beautifully adorns the valley or the mountain:
but to a naturalist who is reading in the face of the rocks the annals of a former world,
the mossy covering which obstructs his view,
and renders indistinguishable the different species of stone,
is no less than a serious subject of regret."
          - James Hutton
_______________________________

--
James Mahaffy (mahaffy@dordt.edu)          Phone: 712 722-6279
498 4th Ave NE
<20070814064735.9CA12711361@gray.dordt.edu>, "Iain Strachan"
<igd.strachan@gmail.com> wrote:
> Michael,
>
> All you have to do is set up your email program with a mail filter to
> automatically delete anything that comes from either of them.
Actually on a list like this it should be the responsibility of the posters not to spam the list and not for us to have kill files.
If folks can't refrain from postings that are of little or no interest to the list then they should be asked to leave the list or perhaps first asked that the thread be continued in private e-mail.