Re: [asa] Global Warming 'Deniers' Article 'Highly Contrived' per Newsweek Editor

From: Rich Blinne <>
Date: Mon Aug 13 2007 - 23:22:24 EDT

On 8/13/07, Janice Matchett <> wrote:
> At 03:06 PM 8/13/2007, Rich Blinne wrote:
> On 8/13/07, *PvM* wrote:
> "...To which she 'responds' Matchett: It's a report made that doesn't
> reflect current data. It
> should be taken down. ~ Pim
> [snip] ".. So, no, Janice, it should not be taken down. ~ Rich B.
> *@ Another goof. As you can see, I should not have been credited by Pim
> with making that statement:*

Given your horrid quoting style I am not surprised. I don't care who said
it. Whomever said that is horribly wrong.

The global data even after being corrected shows the following warmest

2005, 1998, 2002, 2003 and 2006

1934 is nowhere to be found. The heatwaves in the 30s were a local and not
global phenomonon. Even when you look at just the HadCRUT data for just the
land of the Northern Hemisphere 1934 had a -0.058 degree C anomoly, while
1998 had a 0.595. BTW,1H 2007 is currently running at a record-breaking
0.633 degree C anomoly.

On a different note, computer models are not the only proof of anthropogenic
climate change. CO2 has a definite absorption spectrum in the infrared.
Satellites looking down can literally see CO2 absorbing heat by looking
at the spectrum of the reflected light from the Earth.

To unsubscribe, send a message to with