Re: [asa] Global Warming 'Deniers' Article 'Highly Contrived' per Newsweek Editor

From: Rich Blinne <rich.blinne@gmail.com>
Date: Mon Aug 13 2007 - 23:22:24 EDT

On 8/13/07, Janice Matchett <janmatch@earthlink.net> wrote:

> At 03:06 PM 8/13/2007, Rich Blinne wrote:
>
> On 8/13/07, *PvM* wrote:
>
> "...To which she 'responds' Matchett: It's a report made that doesn't
> reflect current data. It
> should be taken down. ~ Pim
>

> [snip] ".. So, no, Janice, it should not be taken down. ~ Rich B.
>

> *@ Another goof. As you can see, I should not have been credited by Pim
> with making that statement:*

Given your horrid quoting style I am not surprised. I don't care who said
it. Whomever said that is horribly wrong.

The global data even after being corrected shows the following warmest
years:

2005, 1998, 2002, 2003 and 2006

1934 is nowhere to be found. The heatwaves in the 30s were a local and not
global phenomonon. Even when you look at just the HadCRUT data for just the
land of the Northern Hemisphere 1934 had a -0.058 degree C anomoly, while
1998 had a 0.595. BTW,1H 2007 is currently running at a record-breaking
0.633 degree C anomoly.

On a different note, computer models are not the only proof of anthropogenic
climate change. CO2 has a definite absorption spectrum in the infrared.
Satellites looking down can literally see CO2 absorbing heat by looking
at the spectrum of the reflected light from the Earth.