Re: [asa] NASA quickly changes climate history data.

From: PvM <pvm.pandas@gmail.com>
Date: Fri Aug 10 2007 - 15:17:05 EDT

Tim Lambert, who has done much to debunk the many erroneous claims of
global waming deniers and more has this posting
http://scienceblogs.com/deltoid/2007/08/global_warming_totally_disprov.php

<quote>Of course, if you're Steve McIntyre, you want to make this seem
like a big deal. So what do you do?

Well, it's hard to see from the graph, but 1998 went from being 0.01
degrees warmer than 1934 in the US, to being 0.02 degrees cooler, so
he was able to present this as OMG! 1998 NO LONGER THE HOTTEST YEAR ON
RECORD, NOW IT'S 1934. Right wing blogs started foaming at their
mouths. Examples:</quote>