Re: [asa] NASA quickly changes climate history data.

From: PvM <>
Date: Fri Aug 10 2007 - 14:55:42 EDT

Ah I see, they are comparing apples and oranges. When Nasa called 2005
the warmest year, it was based on global temperatures, not
temperatures in the US only.

See Annual Mean Temperature Change in the United States for the
anomalies relative to the 1951=1980 mean value.

What a crock...

On 8/10/07, PvM <> wrote:
> It seems that the global warming deniers may have made another major
> error in their claims. They are looking at temperature anomalies,
> which are basically variations from a trend, since the trend has been
> rising over the last century or so, claims that the 30's were warmest
> suffer from a simple mistake of confusing absolute temperatures and
> anomalies.
> Take a look at
> Notice how the figure on the right shows the trend and the 'anomalies'
> it seems clear to me that while the 30's may have seen large
> 'anomalies', it can not be claimed that the 30's were anywhere the
> warmest years...
> The same from
> From absolute temperature data
> Image right: The five warmest years since the late 1880s, according to
> NASA scientists, are in descending order 2005, 1998, 2002, 2003 and
> 2006. Credit: NASA
> Did McIntyre et al really make this big an error?

To unsubscribe, send a message to with