Re: [asa] Designed Kangaroos?

From: Iain Strachan <igd.strachan@gmail.com>
Date: Thu Aug 09 2007 - 16:32:56 EDT

On 8/9/07, bertsche@aol.com <bertsche@aol.com> wrote:

> As I've said in the past, there seem to be three alternatives:
>
> (1) Pure coincidence.
> (2) Human design.
> (3) Supernatural design.
>

> I'd vote for #1.
>
> These mathematical observations strike me as similar to those seen in
> ancient construction projects (the pyramids of Egypt, Stonehenge, etc) and
> claimed as evidence of their construction by space aliens. I suspect that
> they are all just coincidence.

This is a fairly typical response that I've got previously on the list,
ignoring the fact that I've looked quite deeply into this, attempted to use
proper statistical methods, which I'm not unqualified to do.

Kirk, have you really looked at the data, or are you just dismissing it as
coincidence because you don't want to believe otherwise. Do all the
arguments I've made and the attempts I've made to look at it rationally
count for nothing, simply because your preconception rules it out? If
that's the case, then you are no better than YEC's who dismiss practically
the whole of science because it doesn't fit THEIR preconceptions.