Re: [asa] Designed Kangaroos?

From: Jim Armstrong <jarmstro@qwest.net>
Date: Wed Aug 08 2007 - 20:13:58 EDT

It strikes me that this line of thinking is rather analogous to the ID
logic founded (at least in part) on improbability of some observed
attribute.
It would appear that the attributes that Vernon observes are indeed a
very unlikely outcome of natural processes (though still not zero
probability).
If that is postulated, then the choice between Human Design and
Supernatural Design seems to require a more thoughtful assessment of
probabilities (or improbabilities), whether formal or intuitive.
Vernon is able to declare this a non-contest via his particular choice
of anchorage. Others view the choice of alternatives as an open question
in the absence of specific evidence.
Vernon contests this openness because of the way he is informed by
Scripture. But at the end of the day, this would seem to be either
circular reasoning, or else default to the improbability logic of ID
(with its attendant problems/criticisms).

Or so it seemeth to me....
JimA [Friend of ASA]