Re: [asa] Designed Kangaroos?

From: Vernon Jenkins <vernon.jenkins@virgin.net>
Date: Sat Aug 04 2007 - 16:08:30 EDT

Iain,

Concerning your dealings with your atheist colleagues, you appear to be missing my point. What concerns me is that you didn't even _try_ to point them to objective evidence of supernatural cause and effect - an apologetic which, short of direct action by the Holy Spirit Himself, must be considered as powerful as any in the Christian's armoury - as your critique implies!

You challenge me to furnish 'concrete evidence' that this apologetic has brought - and is bringing - people to Christ. Clearly (as you must know!), I'm not in a position to do that. The Lord alone knows the score. However, the fact that I _try_ places me on a parallel with all faithful preachers of the Gospel. In your case, how can there be an assessment of fruits before and until the word is broadcast?

While it is true that you never went as far as claiming that this apologetic is intended to uphold a literal reading of the Genesis narratives, you may care to suggest what the _real_ reason might be. I look forward to hearing your views on this important matter. As I see it, all the evidence points to the fact that the biblical text is _self-authenticating_.

Vernon

www.whatabeginning.com

www.otherbiblecode.com