Re: [asa] Designed Kangaroos?

From: <mrb22667@kansas.net>
Date: Fri Aug 03 2007 - 19:31:31 EDT

When I get home again tonight, I'll make sure I didn't type the wrong date on
Augustine -- I tried to be careful about those. Anyway, as Gordon pointed out,
the date typed does correspond to an Augustine -- perhaps the difference was
lost on him. Thanks for pointing out all this. You're doing my research for
me. But I do maintain that nobody who writes a book is intelligent enough to
be wrong on absolutely every point. Grant's writing on the Voliva character may
not be so far off. At least it agrees with the characterization currently found
on Wikipedia (yes -- I know, that's a lazy man's "research", but it's all I have
time for today). Voliva is a far cry from the saints and popes of old, though.
 His example strikes much closer to home in that seems (to me) to be a modern
cousin of the recent YEC phenomenon. To call him an influential or archetypal
character on the order of either Augustine is beyond a stretch.

--Merv