Re: [asa] Designed Kangaroos?

From: <mrb22667@kansas.net>
Date: Thu Aug 02 2007 - 18:59:21 EDT

The Luther -- flat earth assertion is in a recent book -- at least I'm almost
certain I read it here: "Discarded Science -- Ideas That Seemed Good At the
Time" by John Grant. Given some of the other things he proposed in there,
though, I wouldn't be surprised to find him totally mistaken. As I recall, I
didn't see any footnotes on his claim that Luther believed in a flat earth,
but it was a fascinating claim which I am sure has applied to somebody at some
time. Whether Luther or not, my point remains the same.

I do know the general falsehood of the claims that everyone in Columbus' time
thought the earth was flat -- which would make Luther a surprising exception
if it was true. You never know. I'll check the book again when I get home.

--Merv