Re: [asa] Designed Kangaroos?

From: gordon brown <gbrown@Colorado.EDU>
Date: Thu Aug 02 2007 - 17:28:01 EDT

On Thu, 2 Aug 2007, Michael Roberts wrote:

> A bit more on this from the Baraminology Study Group of YEC biologists meeting at Liberty College from the AIG site.
>
> I must be cursed as I love deserts
>
> Michael;
>
> The BSG is unique in that presentations at their conferences focus not only on scientific topics but theological and philosophical topics as well. The theme this year was "All Creation Groans: The Problem of Natural Evil." A sampling of the presentation titles appears below:
> b.. Were There Deserts Before the Curse?

I don't know what this presentation said, but the answer is in Genesis.
There were deserts before the Fall. (Gen. 2:5a) Also note that even after
the Garden was planted, it needed to be watered by water from a river.

Do the YECs also address the question as to whether there were earthquakes
before the Fall? John must have thought that there might have been some
pretty big ones. (See Rev. 16:18.)

Gordon Brown (ASA member)