RE: [asa] Designed Kangaroos?

From: Peter Loose <peterwloose@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu Aug 02 2007 - 04:39:17 EDT

Brethren:

I am intrigued - in regard to "mythical Adam, literal Christ" - if one
reasons that Adam is mythical and Christ is literal, then that is to me
awfully like "comparing Apples and Oranges'. They are a different kind of
stuff and so can't be compared.

I've collated below the NIV NT use of Adam. Does that read like a 'mythical'
person? See especially I Cor 15:45. My question "What do we know that Paul
didn't?" surely stands.

Blessings

Peter

Luke 3:38 (NIV)
    the son of Enosh,
    the son of Seth, the son of Adam,
    the son of God.

Romans 5:14 (NIV)
    Nevertheless, death reigned from the time of Adam to the time of Moses,
even over those who did not sin by breaking a command, as did Adam, who was
a pattern of the one to come.

1 Cor. 15:22 (NIV)
    For as in Adam all die, so in Christ all will be made alive.

1 Cor. 15:45 (NIV)
    So it is written: "The first man Adam became a living being"; the last
Adam, a life-giving spirit.

1 Tim. 2:13-14 (NIV)
    For Adam was formed first, then Eve. [14] And Adam was not the one
deceived; it was the woman who was deceived and became a sinner.

Jude 1:14 (NIV)
    Enoch, the seventh from Adam, prophesied about these men: "See, the Lord
is coming with thousands upon thousands of his holy ones

  _____