Re: [asa] Designed Kangaroos?

From: Iain Strachan <igd.strachan@gmail.com>
Date: Wed Aug 01 2007 - 19:42:02 EDT

David,

Where did I say I was dismissing it??

What I dismiss is the notion that it is interpreted as a literal historical
event.

As an example I've given several times before, but no-one has commented; I'm
about to click the "send" button to send this message off to everyone on the
list. But I'm NOT literally doing that - I'm literally clicking the same
button on the mouse that I'd click if I clicked the "discard" button.

I am of the opinion that metaphor is MORE meaningful than history, not
less. Of COURSE the narrative is central to the Christian faith, which is
why it's so sad that people get "stuck" on the idea that it's a literal
event & then have to invent laughable pseudo-science (and I've had to endure
my atheist colleagues laughing at it) in order to justify it.

Please retract your assertion that I "dismiss" a central narrative of the
Christian faith. I find your accusation to be extremely insulting, to be
frank.

Just about to click the mythological "send" button...

Iain