RE: [asa] Designed Kangaroos?

From: Peter Loose <peterwloose@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed Aug 01 2007 - 18:28:36 EDT

Actually Iain, I did not mean what you appear to think I mean. I apologise
for not being clear in the first place.

If you read again what I said, it was your "stance in respect of bad things
being literally due to." that is cause for sadness on my part. That's why I
went on and raised the perspective from Paul in I Corinthians - 'as in Adam
all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive'.
This is what I said Sat 28/07/2007 10:54
A challenge to the figurative interpretation of the origin of 'bad things'
would be the Apostle Paul in 1 Cor. 15:22 (NIV) "For as in Adam all die, so
in Christ all will be made alive."
Would those who adopt a figurative interpretation of Genesis 3 in respect of
the cause of bad things, please explain why Paul didn't take that same view
- apparently? Do they propose a mythical Adam and a literal Christ? Or are
they proposing that 'all will be made alive' is also figurative? Figurative
of what may I ask?
You are free of course to reject your YEC friend's view of The Fall. But in
so doing you raise absolutely huge questions about the entire record of
redemption. Are you seriously suggesting that one can have a mythical Adam
and a literal Christ? The parallelism fails. I think this Genesis 3 'myth'
or 'figurative' interpretation needs some careful discussion and explaining.
Indeed, I find it impossible to understand the flow of reasoning in 1
Corinthians 15 in any other way than demands a literal historical Fall as
recorded in Genesis 3. A further sample of that account in 1 Cor. 15:21
(NIV) "For since death came through a man, the resurrection of the dead
comes also through a man." is in harmony with 15:22.

Do we understand something in this matter that Paul didn't?

Blessings

Peter

  _____