Re: [asa] Designed Kangaroos?

From: David Opderbeck <dopderbeck@gmail.com>
Date: Wed Aug 01 2007 - 17:35:27 EDT

But Iain, though I agree with you on the need for a broader hermeneutical
perspective, and though I agree with you that it's too pat and simple to
attribute carnivorous animals and such to a recent historical fall, I'm
really struggling with the way in which, it seems to me, you're dismissing a
central narrative of the Christian faith. The picture scripture gives us of
human rebellion against God is, in fact, the picture of a man and woman
eating fruit God told them not to eat. And scripture does, in fact, suggest
that this somehow messes up everything. It seems to me that we need to *
appropriate* this picture and *interpret* it in the context of what we know
about the physical world, but not to *dismiss* it.