Re: [asa] Tom Willis, ex IBMer, speaks

From: Brent Foster <bdffoster@charter.net>
Date: Wed Aug 01 2007 - 13:04:33 EDT

---- Carol or John Burgeson <burgytwo@juno.com> wrote:

=============
I found the following in the internet today, authored by an ex-IBMer, Tom
WIllis.

Note in particular how he characterizes most ASA members (the large bold
type face is mine).

"I'm a Christian Too"
The Greatest "Proof" of Evolution
by Tom Willis
A few years ago while in the opening minutes of my address to the Mensa*
Convention,

That statement just put me on the floor laughing! It almost comically epitomizes pretentiousness.

But I think Willis puts way too much significantce on a simple statement of fact meant simply to illustrate. I really don't think all these people saying, "I'm a Christian too" are using it as an arguement in favor of evolution. Just an example to show that his position isn't the only one possible.

Brent