Re: [asa] ICR's GENE project

From: Robert Schneider <schneider98@gmail.com>
Date: Thu Jun 28 2007 - 07:55:33 EDT

I would not call scientific activities of these sorts "wishful thinking."
Stacked up against the numerous successes, it is not surprising that there
would be a few dead ends and even fewer hoaxes. E.g., the fact that
creationists CONSTANTLY use the Pildown hoax as an example of phony science
is a measure of how few there are, and of course it was scientists
themselves who exposed the hoax.

I say, let the creationists have at it. Let them spend another 1.25 million
on it. And I hope someone takes up David's suggestions and sends in a few
anonymous samples from other species, especially primates. The donor could
say, "These are from my nehpew." (Someone who delights in the phrase, "Well,
I'll be a monkey's uncle.")

Bob Schneider