Re: YEC and ID may be fellow brethren was -Re: [asa] Secularist

From: PvM <pvm.pandas@gmail.com>
Date: Tue Jun 26 2007 - 12:45:01 EDT

On 6/26/07, James Mahaffy <Mahaffy@dordt.edu> wrote:
> Pim,
>
> Really it is responses like this that make me wonder how deep your faith commitment is and
> if you really can feel a bond in Christ to fellow Christians who take stands you disagree with.
>
> For pity's sake the article Janice cites starts talking about a Lutheran pastor jailed because he compared abortion with the holocaust. While comparing it to the holocaust is inflamentory, many Christians myself included would see abortion as taking the life of unborn people and something abhorrent in the sight of God.

Yes, in Germany the references to the holocaust as well as other
references to the Nazi past are against the law, whether it is made by
people rejecting abortion or the war in Iraq. So contrary to Janice's
claim, europe does not silence creationists.

> And I again resent your making general labels that do not fit all Creationists or ID. I am a Creationists (not a young earth variety but so what) and know and appreciate some ID people and don't need to ALWAYS hear you pick on them. As you well know they are not all of the same stripe. You are not enabling communication with brethren some of whom might be helped by ASA but I would hesitate to have them post hear because of the way some slam them.
> --

It seems that you may have misread what I said. What I said is that
Europe has correctly classified ID as a form of creationism. That is a
general label which fits quite accurately I believe. So I am not
picking in this case on particular IDists but rather on the concept of
ID, it's history and the implications of its 'arguments'.

PS: How much do you doubt Janice's faith commitment?