Re: [asa] Benedict XVI Encourages Ethical Ecology

From: D. F. Siemens, Jr. <>
Date: Fri Jun 15 2007 - 16:44:57 EDT

Or is this a shortsighted defense of unlimited procreation?

On Fri, 15 Jun 2007 09:38:26 -0400 "Randy Isaac" <>
Note this release for World Environment Day last week:

In particular, there is a call to be free from the conditionings of a
Malthusian environmentalist culture:

 "According to the president of Sorella Natura, Roberto Leoni, only with
a new culture founded on Christian virtues "will the initiatives of
legislators develop, free from the conditionings of a fatalist and
Malthusian environmentalist culture." "

I believe Darwin was strongly influenced by Malthus. Does Leoni imply
that Malthus's observations have moved from descriptive to prescriptive
in our culture and that we need to reverse this based on Christian

To unsubscribe, send a message to with