Re: [asa] STATEMENT ON INTELLIGENT DESIGN BY IOWA STATE

From: Rich Blinne <rich.blinne@gmail.com>
Date: Wed Jun 06 2007 - 20:10:06 EDT

> But it seems the ID argument is getting even more 'intense' and more
> open to scientific as well as theological 'ridicule':
>
> http://scienceblogs.com/pharyngula/2007/06/behes_edge_of_evolution_part_i_1.php
>
> <quote>
> WHEN BAD THINGS HAPPEN TO GOOD PEOPLE

PZ ridiculing Christians, say it ain't so! :-) Behe's argument of the
intelligent design of Plasmodium drug resistance does present a
theodicy problem but only marginally more than any traditional
theodicy. The science in Edge of Evolution appears far more
problematic than the theology. If I was Dr. Behe I would be much more
concerned about Nick Matzke (who is tag-teaming with Kenneth Miller)
than PZ Meyers.