Re: [asa] Re: Ditch Darwin ....and The Arty Side Of Creationism

From: Gregory Arago <gregoryarago@yahoo.ca>
Date: Thu May 31 2007 - 15:53:49 EDT

The problem is that some forms of Darwinism are 'ideological worldviews.' So it thus helps to write 'Darwinian theory' or 'Darwin's views' of origin(s) of species, instead of using the word 'Darwinism' with a broad brush. When I hear/read the word 'Darwinism' I certainly don't refer only to OoS.

  This linguistic distinction does not detract from your argumentitive point with Matthew about common descent, bacteria and multicellular organisms.

  Please excuse that I highlight this only because it helps with inclusiveness to be clear with meanings, especially on the topic of 'evolution,' which I consider to be one of the most interdisciplinary concepts in use in today's academy.

  G.A.

drsyme@cablespeed.com wrote:
  I am not sure exactly how you are using the word theory
then if we are going to be rigorous in our definition. I
do not mean Darwinism in an ideological worldview sense.
I am only to referring to the origin of species.