Re: [asa] STATEMENT ON INTELLIGENT DESIGN BY IOWA STATE UNIVERSITY FACULTY

From: Dave Wallace <wdwllace@sympatico.ca>
Date: Wed May 30 2007 - 17:41:39 EDT

Rich Blinne wrote:
> By way of counter-example here's another anti-ID statement that doesn't
> have the problematic re-definition of methodological naturalism:
>
> The RASC Ottawa Centre supports high standards of scientific

Rich
I understand that other statements are more carefully worded and that
the Iowa statement should have been more careful. However, it seems to
me that one could easily take the view that "natural phenomena" covers
all events in space-time that are not caused by something outside the
continuum eg super natural. In such a view the resurrection while
occurring in space-time is not a "natural phenomena". You could well be
right in your conclusion of duplicity, but I'd like to see some other
evidence that philosophical naturalism was what was meant before coming
to that conclusion.

Dave W