[asa] Re: Ditch Darwin ....and The Arty Side Of Creationism

From: Gregory Arago <gregoryarago@yahoo.ca>
Date: Mon May 28 2007 - 16:07:18 EDT

Hello Matthew,

  Glad to have you engaging issues here, instead of avoiding questions. The thread I sent you, however, was labelled 'Offlist,' which means it is meant as a personal correspondence and not posted to the ASA list. In the future, please respect the posting guidelines that distinguish personal from public posts.

  Since my questions to you are now public, it would be great if you would be willing to answer them. The obsession question can be dropped for now, if you would be willing to say why biological evolution cannot be compared with technological evolution. Are you suggesting that 'men (and women!) of science' can be said to 'culturally evolve'? If so, should I and other be led to believe that you accept the metaphor (i.e. linguistic signifier) of 'evolution' for cultural, economic and technological things, but (absolutely) not for biological things?

  Please excuse the directness, but last time you didn`t return to answer the challenges made to your apparently ID-arguments.

  Regards
  Gregory

"(Matthew) Yew Hock Tan" <tanyewhock@yahoo.com> wrote:
    Gregory,
  and participants of the "Ditch Darwin..." thread

  I wil find time to answer all of you in the "Ditch Darwin..." thread.

  Do I "so abhor and campaign yourself against" evolution?

  The cartoons are just for fun and they are artistic expressions - part of the cultural "evolution" of men of science.

  Biological evolution cannot be compared with technological evolution.

Gregory Arago <gregoryarago@yahoo.ca> wrote:
    Matthew,

  Please excuse the simple question. Since you've chosen to selectively answer questions posed to you at ASA, let me ask this basic one: Are you by any chance obsessed with evolution?

  Let me also ask, do you accept 'technological evolution,' as does W. Dembski, or 'economic evolution' as does G. Gilder? If so, is it just 'biological evolution' that you so abhor and campaign yourself against?

  Gregory