Re: [asa] VATICAN CLIMATE CONFERENCE APRIL 25-26, 2007

From: PvM <pvm.pandas@gmail.com>
Date: Mon May 28 2007 - 13:34:35 EDT

Seems the US bishops are leading the effort
http://www.justpax.it/pcgp/eng/home_eng.html

<quote>As Catholic bishops, we make no independent judgment on the
plausibility of "global warming." Rather, we accept the consensus
findings of so many scientists and the conclusions of the
Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) as a basis for
continued research and prudent action (see the sidebar: The Science of
Global Climate Change). Scientists engaged in this research
consistently acknowledge the difficulties of accurate measurement and
forecasting. Models of measurement evolve and vary in reliability.
Researchers and advocates on all sides of the issue often have stakes
in policy outcomes, as do advocates of various courses of public
policy. News reports can oversimplify findings or focus on controversy
rather than areas of consensus. Accordingly, interpretation of
scientific data and conclusions in public discussion can be difficult
and contentious matters.</quote>