Re: [asa] The Assault on Reason' in America

From: Janice Matchett <janmatch@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun May 27 2007 - 22:00:35 EDT

At 04:51 PM 5/26/2007, PvM wrote:

>"..So let's focus on the Singer v. Lancaster in the issue of Veep
>and Revelle and Janice's assertions of manipulation and intimidation
>by the Veep of science and scientists: Double checking the
>statements and claims can be helpful .." ~ Pim

@@ Two things:

[1] They weren't "Janice's assertions", they were Singers'.

[2] Yes, you need to do a "double check" since on your first check,
you missed the fact that he won his case and the liar had to retract
his lies and state in writing that others had also lied. The details
are PLAINLY laid out
here:
<http://media.hoover.org/documents/0817939326_283.pdf>http://media.hoover.org/documents/0817939326_283.pdf

Excerpt: "This is a personal account linking efforts to suppress
scientific publication about climate science and policy by
then-Senator (later vice president) Al Gore and his staff.1 In those
efforts, an individual working closely with Senator Gore and his
staff made false and damaging statements about my behavior as a
scientist. I filed a libel suit against the individual. The suit was
settled when he issued a retraction and apology to me that included a
statement that members of Senator Gore's staff had made "similar
statements and insinuations" to those that he retracted. ~ S. Fred
Singer [2003] The Revelle-Gore Story: Attempted Political Suppression
of
Science
<http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1823152//^http://media.hoover.org/documents/0817939326_283.pdf>"Politicizing
Science" [book], M. Gough, editor, Hoover Institution Press ^

On 5/26/07, Janice Matchett wrote: @ Talk about liars making
lying/libelous statements: "...Despite the absence of proof, Iraq
was said to be working hand in hand with al-Qaeda and to be on the
verge of a nuclear weapons capability. Defeating Saddam was conflated
with bringing war to the terrorists, even though it really meant
diverting attention and resources from those who actually attacked
us. .." When the president of the United States stood before the
people of this nation and invited us to "imagine" a terrorist attack
with a nuclear weapon, he was referring to terrorists who actually
had no connection to Iraq. But because our nation had been subjected
to the horrors of 9/11, when our president said "imagine with me this
new fear," it was easy enough to bypass the reasoning process that
might otherwise have led people to ask, "Wait a minute, Mr.
President, where's your evidence?" .." ~ AlGore (one of the three
stooges in the stage act: Hanson, Chopak & Gore)

"Seems quite accurate." ~ Pim

@@ Ya think so, huh? Here are the LIARS in their own
words: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAuzdGYrMjA Tooooo
funny! Hahahahahahaha.

"Certainly nothing close to 'a lie' let alone libelous (on the part
of the Veep)" ~ Pim

@@ Most everything he said was a bald-faced lie.

Fox News Tears Apart Al Gore's New Book 'Assault on Reason'
NewBusters ^ Posted on 05/23/2007 12:42:15 PM EDT by Sub-Driver

~ Janice ...... how contemptuous he must be of the average sycophant
fawning all over him, not to even have the decency to be
embarrassed: "Iraq's search for weapons of mass destruction has
proven impossible to completely deter and we should assume that it
will continue for as long as Saddam is in power. We know that he has
stored secret supplies of biological and chemical weapons throughout
his country." ~ Al Gore - Speech to San Francisco Commonwealth Club
September 23, 2002

<http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2002-09-23-gore-text_x.htm>http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2002-09-23-gore-text_x.htm

http://www.guardian.co.uk/usa/story/0,12271,797999,00.html

<http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2002/09/24/1032734161501.html>http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2002/09/24/1032734161501.html