[asa] Re: Is Philosophical Naturalism replacing Methodological Naturalism

From: <philtill@aol.com>
Date: Sun May 27 2007 - 09:22:43 EDT

 Pim, the statement says this:

"Methodological naturalism [is] the view that natural phenomena
can be explained without reference to supernatural beings or
events."

And you wrote this:

> It does not say all natural phenomena can be explained.

I don't follow your point.  Are you picking on my use of the word "all"?  If you are, then try inserting the alternative word "some" in front of "natural phenomena."  It overturns the whole purpose of the sentence by allowing compatibility with ID.  The sentence structure really does mean "all natural phenomena."

Phil