Re: [asa] Nature on Gonzalez Tenue

From: <Bertsche@aol.com>
Date: Sun May 27 2007 - 01:19:25 EDT

In a message dated 5/24/07 9:36:30 AM, dopderbeck@gmail.com writes:

> Does anyone know why Robert Park was quoted?  Is he famous in this field or
> something?  Why not quote someone in the field like Stephen Barr, who is a
> theoretical physicist, who as far as I've read doesn't support the "strong" ID
> paradigm, but who wrote a book and some essays similar to Gonzalez's?

Because Bob Park has been doing a weekly e-mail summary of physics-related
news for decades. When he did this at the AIP it was called "What's New in
Physics", but now at U MD it's just called "What's New". He has become an
unofficial spokesman on the relation of science to government, public policy,
religion, etc.
http://bobpark.physics.umd.edu/