Re: [asa] gonzalez' citation record

From: <philtill@aol.com>
Date: Sat May 26 2007 - 16:37:48 EDT

No doubt there are other measures besides h, but you can't use h in the ways you have suggested.  I wouldn't have mentioned it but I've seen you say this a couple of times now.  h is always biased when comparing earlier versus later years.  It's like comparing the balances in bank accounts that have compounding interest.  Earlier deposits always have an advantage over later ones.  A less biased method would be to compare monthly deposits, not compounded balances.

Phil