Re: [asa] The Assault on Reason' in America

From: PvM <pvm.pandas@gmail.com>
Date: Sat May 26 2007 - 16:09:26 EDT

A bit of a stretch but I understand where you are coming from. It's
unfortunate that some make libelous statements and have to retract
them. However I am not sure how this addresses the issue raised by
Gore. Why do we allow ourselves to be manipulated to the extent that
we become voices for irrationality?

Are you familiar with all the sides of the story? How have you reached
your conclusion about who is right and who is wrong?

Some other viewpoints may be helpful here

http://www.desmogblog.com/national-post-promotes-singers-sleazy-attack-on-al-gores-mentor

Or Tim Lambert at Deltoid

http://scienceblogs.com/deltoid/2007/05/roger_revelle_is_solomons_late.php

Or Eli Rabbett

http://rabett.blogspot.com/2007/04/if-richard-lindzen-shows-up-at-your.html
http://rabett.blogspot.com/2007/04/roger-revelle-was-right-eli-because-he.html

Or Lancaster

http://home.att.net/%7Eespi/Cosmos_myth.html

Interesting how there are indeed two sides to every story.

However your conclusion seem to be unsupported. What manipulations of
science, what intimidation of scientists?

This may be an interesting excercise in how we may be unwittingly
serving as voices of unreason. Let's explore where this goes.

The Galleys
http://home.att.net/%7Eespi/Cosmos_Myth_Impacts.jpg

Fred Singer's deposition
http://home.att.net/%7Eespi/S-F-Singer_Deposition.pdf

Christa Beran's testimony (Revelle's secretary)
http://home.att.net/%7Eespi/Beran_affidavit.pdf

Very interesting reading indeed. Care to revise your comments?