Re: [asa] The Assault on Reason' in America

From: Janice Matchett <janmatch@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat May 26 2007 - 15:46:51 EDT

At 03:29 PM 5/26/2007, PvM wrote:

>"...pointing out how we are being manipulated is of significant
>relevance to understanding how we are not of 'free will'. .. She
>could address the real issues raised about how we are being manipulated.."

@ Here ya go!

"...This is a personal account linking efforts to suppress scientific
publication about climate science and policy by then-Senator (later
vice president) AlGore and his staff. 1 In those efforts, an
individual working closely with Senator Gore and his staff made false
and damaging statements about my behavior as a scientist. I filed a
libel suit against the individual. The suit was settled when he
issued a retraction and apology to me that included a statement that
members of Senator Gore's staff had made "similar statements and
insinuations" to those that he retracted.

AlGore's disgraceful attempts to manipulate climate science and
intimidate scientists go back at least to 1992."

~ Janice ... more of my long-ago post is here:
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/1823164/posts?page=22#22