[asa] New Polkinghorne book

From: <cmekve@aol.com>
Date: Fri May 25 2007 - 17:53:04 EDT

I don't think anyone has mentioned this, so I'll point out that John Polkinghorne has a new book "Quantum Physics and Theology" from Yale Univ. Press (2007).  It's vintage J.P. in which he tries to show that science and theology are truth-seeking enterprises that both use analogous methods -- as opposed to the oft made claim that science is fact-based and theology is faith-based.  [For an example of the latter, see the editorial on p. 194 of the May-June 2007 American Scientist.]  Typically well written, it was a pleasure to read.

Karl