Re: [asa] gonzalez' citation record

From: Freeman, Louise Margaret <>
Date: Fri May 25 2007 - 16:45:28 EDT

> As an aside, I would add that I do find it disturbing to see comments
> from some scientists that amount to "He is associated with this
> movement that is endangering science education, so he should be
> punished."  If Gonzalez had, for example, testified on the
> "creationist" side in Kansas or Dover, this might be justified.  But
> merely for being affiliated with an Institute that does some
> anti-science propaganda?  That seems like guilt by association, which
> is generally not a good argument.
> --------
> Dr. Allan H. Harvey, Boulder, Colorado,

That's an interesting comment. Would Lehigh have been justified in denying promotion to Behe on
those grounds? (I think he was tenured before Darwin's Black Box). I understand he will be a
"creationist-allied" witness in the suit being brought against the UC system for denying credit to
Bob Jones curriculum science courses.

To unsubscribe, send a message to with