Re: [asa] gonzalez' citation record

From: Freeman, Louise Margaret <lfreeman@mbc.edu>
Date: Fri May 25 2007 - 16:45:28 EDT

> As an aside, I would add that I do find it disturbing to see comments
> from some scientists that amount to "He is associated with this
> movement that is endangering science education, so he should be
> punished."  If Gonzalez had, for example, testified on the
> "creationist" side in Kansas or Dover, this might be justified.  But
> merely for being affiliated with an Institute that does some
> anti-science propaganda?  That seems like guilt by association, which
> is generally not a good argument.
>
> --------
> Dr. Allan H. Harvey, Boulder, Colorado, steamdoc@aol.com

That's an interesting comment. Would Lehigh have been justified in denying promotion to Behe on
those grounds? (I think he was tenured before Darwin's Black Box). I understand he will be a
"creationist-allied" witness in the suit being brought against the UC system for denying credit to
Bob Jones curriculum science courses.