Re: [asa] Accuracy vs. Methodology in Science Education

From: Jack <drsyme@cablespeed.com>
Date: Thu May 24 2007 - 21:23:45 EDT

What hypothesis was this child trying to prove? If he had one, was his
method valid for evaluating his hypothesis?
It seems to me that he was not following the scientific method. He was
trying to make a point. This was not an experiment, it was a demonstration.
He was trying to create a system that made things that had the appearance of
stalagtites in a brief period of time. But what does this setup have to do
with the real world, if anything? I seriously doubt that this child
approached this from a neutral perspective, and I suspect he had an agenda..