Re: [asa] Focus on the Family supports the YEC nonsense

From: gordon brown <gbrown@Colorado.EDU>
Date: Thu May 24 2007 - 12:09:49 EDT

I don't see that Focus on the Family takes a specific position on the
science (emphasis on the word science) issues involved here. It looks more
like a news article filled with quotes from two sides.

I once heard Dobson's program in which he interviewed an old-earth
believer, and Dobson said that he himself accepted that the earth was old.
I also seem to recall that when the ASA Lay Education Project was going
on, someone from Focus was the narrator for the promotional video.

Gordon Brown
Department of Mathematics
University of Colorado
Boulder, CO 80309-0395