RE: [asa] Focus on the Family supports the YEC nonsense

From: Dick Fischer <dickfischer@verizon.net>
Date: Wed May 23 2007 - 20:21:35 EDT

This is a perfect of example of where ASA's self-inflicted neutrality
puts us on the sideline making these issues a far-left, pro-science,
anti-religious attack against the poor Christians who are only trying to
defend the truth of the Bible. By being silent we are an irrelevant,
toothless tiger where, If we had an official position on YEC as many of
us have lobbied for, the ASA could lead the condemnation against those
who through their ignorant and misguided Bible interpretation cause all
Bible-believers to appear to be as misled as they are. We enlightened
pro-science, God-loving Christians sit quietly on our hands while the
"real Christians" duke it out with the Satan-worshipping heathen.
Valiant King George against the dreaded dragon. YECs get to clothe
themselves in righteousness and revel in the publicity. And for us
lurking in the shadows, just another opportunity lost .

Dick Fischer

Dick Fischer, Genesis Proclaimed Association

 <http://www.genesisproclaimed.org> www.genesisproclaimed.org