Re: [asa] flagella

From: PvM <pvm.pandas@gmail.com>
Date: Wed May 23 2007 - 11:45:16 EDT

ID remains of course totally uncommitted about how things actually did
happen, the best it can do is argue that DARWINIAN evolution cannot
explain IC systems. As people have shown however, this is not
necessarily true and that there are pathways involving for instance
co-option which could explain IC systems. To avoid these issues, IC
has been redefined or refined to exclude co-option by use of the term
'original function'. In other words, ID cannot exclude evolutionary
origins of IC systems a priori, which means that lacking any
additional data, ID is flawed and unable to reject. Which is why ID is
at best a null hypothesis of 'we don't know'.

Finding evidence of such co-option thus would be evidence in favor of science.