RE: [asa] STATEMENT ON INTELLIGENT DESIGN BY IOWA STATE UNIVERSITY FACULTY

From: Alexanian, Moorad <alexanian@uncw.edu>
Date: Wed May 23 2007 - 09:33:03 EDT

Design invariably leads to ontological questions that have nothing whatsoever to do with science. Scientists are like children playing in sandboxes. You can play with sand and describe how it behaves and so forth. However, how the sand, the sandboxes, and you yourself came to be and who designed it all is not a scientific question. It is a consequence of a higher form of inference, viz., from the goings on in Nature and so what Nature truly is, that leads to design.

Moorad