Re: [asa] flagella

From: PvM <pvm.pandas@gmail.com>
Date: Wed May 23 2007 - 00:46:17 EDT

First of all a warning:

The published article is not without controversy and Nick Matzke and
others have explained in great depth their concerns with the accuracy
of the article.
http://www.pandasthumb.org/archives/2007/04/flagellum_evolu_1.html

Their concern is even stronger because the article suggests that this
is evidence against ID and thus ID proponents could make a great case
out of how 'science got it wrong'.

As far as genes having common precursors, this does not necessarily
solve the whole question but it shows that the concept of gene
duplication and specification is hardly without support. Irreducible
complexity works on the flawed presumption that the function of genes
cannot change.