Re: [asa] flagella

From: D. F. Siemens, Jr. <dfsiemensjr@juno.com>
Date: Tue May 22 2007 - 17:33:35 EDT

I think this supposed rebuttal depends on the notion that the whole came
together "miraculously," which should have happened all at once, although
the pieces might not have appeared instantaneously. However, that all the
genes have a common source that evolved step by step indicates that
irreducible complexity is a crock, unless it can be shown that none of
the evolutionary steps can have a benefit en route to the final state. My
bet is that the several steps are likely to have benefits, although, not
being present during the process makes the sequence probable rather than
observed. "I can't see how it could have happened" has changed to "Some
see it happening through these steps."
Dave

On Tue, 22 May 2007 13:19:27 -0500 "David Opderbeck"