Re: [asa] RATE fraud (Was RATE's Radioactive Thourium Plot)

From: George Murphy <gmurphy@raex.com>
Date: Tue May 22 2007 - 13:57:19 EDT

Well, er, the decays rates changes but not the energies.

(Which isn't easy. For alphas the decay rate depends on how thick the
potential barrier is at the particular height of the alpha inside the
potential well, & thus there's a correlation between energy & rate. In fact
the log of the disintegration constant is some stuff that doesn't depend on
the energy minus a constant times the atomic number over the square root of
the alpha energy.)

Shalom
George
http://web.raex.com/~gmurphy/