Re: [asa] RATE fraud (Was RATE's Radioactive Thourium Plot)

From: <philtill@aol.com>
Date: Mon May 21 2007 - 14:01:40 EDT

This is like YECers claiming that the speed of light has slowed down. If you point out that nuclear fusion in the sun is controlled by E=M c^2 and a higher c in the past would have burned up the Earth, then they claim that M was smaller in the past and has gone up at the same time that c went down. If you then point out that gravity would have been much less in the past so that the Earth's and Moon's orbits would not have remained circular by v^2 = G M /r, then they say G went down, and so on ad infinitum.

However, I believe it is possible to show that this game cannot ever be self-consistent. There are so many observables in nature, and so few fundamental parameters, that you can't possibly change the parameters in a way to keep all the observables in starlight constant. I actually worked it out one time to prove one example of an irreconcilable "loop" in their argument, but not to a degree of rigor that I could present to anybody.

Phil