Re: [asa] RATE fraud (Was RATE's Radioactive Thourium Plot)

From: Randy Isaac <randyisaac@comcast.net>
Date: Sun May 20 2007 - 20:39:43 EDT

The RATE team does worry about the energy dissipation a lot. They even calculate what the temperature of the earth would likely be if the energy were dissipated solely by known thermodynamic means. I don't have the book with me right now so I couldn't double check but I recall something in the tens of thousands of Kelvins. Their own conclusion was that the earth would have evaporated.

They have no doubt but that some exotic means of energy dissipation occurred. After all, Noah survived. (that's almost an exact quote--a good paraphrase) Throughout the RATE Vol. II book they approvingly cite the potential resolution of the energy dissipation problem by referring to the hope that Russell Humphrey's idea of cosmological cooling will resolve the issue. That's an application of accelerated expansion of the universe that coincides with the accelerated decay. It's the same mechanism that causes the redshift of starlight. Never mind that, as George Murphy has published, this mechanism doesn't cool bound particles--it's a relative cooling. Nor should we mind that even if it did work, it would quickly freeze the less radioactive oceans while cooling the hotter radiactive-rich material.

I'm looking forward to hearing how the universe started and stopped this accelerated expansion in days 1-3 and then again in the Flood.

Randy