Re: [asa] Life, soul/spirit and stewardship; a tension [spawned by Event or process revisited]

From: Jack <drsyme@cablespeed.com>
Date: Sat May 19 2007 - 19:45:36 EDT

Just because my view of things acknowledges that Man is unique and different in kind than the rest of creation, does not mean that we should have no respect for, or treat the rest of creation as less worthy.

You mentioned that Man is made in God's image, and you imply that we were placed in dominion over all of the other creatures. But you did not mention that God asked Man to name all of the other animals. It is because of these things that I think the scriptures teach us that Man being unique, closer to God, than the rest of creation.

And it also means that we have a responsibility to be stewards for that creation.